Born in Barcelona in 1976, Vero Cendoya combines her career as a performer, teacher, painter, illustrator and choreographer.
She trained as a dancer at the Instituto del Teatro de Barcelona, after graduating, she continued her training with the Trisha Brown Dance Company and Movement Research in New York in 2002 where she studied with teachers such as David Zambrano, Jenifer Monson, Jeremy Nelson, Kristie Simson, Katy Duck, Julyen Hamilton, Nienke Rehoorst, among others. As an actress she trained with Txiqui Berraondo and continues her training with intensive courses with Alejandro Catalán, Andrés Lima, Blanca Portillo and Pablo Messiez, among others.
As a performer she has worked with figures such as Solo Picó, Mar Gómez, Olga Cobos, Peter Mika and Andrés Lima on the national scene. Abroad, she has worked with companies such as Inbal Pinto Dance Company, Hans Werner Klohe, Le Boussniere, Veronika Riz and Steptex D.C.
She is movement advisor and choreographer for Blanca Portillo's DJT and EL ANGEL EXTERMINADOR, and director's advisor for companies such as Sol Picó and Senza Tempo.
Her latest creation, BOGUMER, an inclusive show created with Isra Solà and premiered in April 2021 at the Mercat de les Flors, and at the same time she created a show, ALOHA FROM HAWÁI, in collaboration with choreographer Mar Gómez, premiered at the Sismsògraf Festival (2021).
In 2019 he created ÓRDAGO A LA GRANDE with Arantza Lopez, an inclusive show as part of the Festival Simbiótico, at the Teatre Nacional de Catalunya. He has also directed with Jordi Pérez the project BARRICIDIS which was presented at the GREC Festival in 2019.
He continues to tour with LA PARTIDA, to theatres and festivals in more than 20 countries in Europe, Asia and Latin America, a show that won several awards in 2015 and was a finalist for two Max Awards in 2016. Also the show IF (el Último deseo), created together with the journalist Natza Farré and presented at La Villarroel and Sala Àtrium, as well as being part of the Barcelona Cultural District programme.
For the last 8 years he has combined artistic and social projects working with people with intellectual disabilities and vulnerable groups such as HUNTGINg FOR THE UNICORN, INCURSIÓ SOCIAL, BARRICIDIS, LA PARTIDA, K.A.E. Teatre Social, among others.
In 2008 she created her own dance-theatre company, Cía. Vero Cendoya, which is characterised by the collaboration with artists from different disciplines such as theatre, painting, drag, music, poetry and football.
Her shows have been presented in countless theatres and festivals in Spain and in countries such as Italy, France, Belgium, El Salvador, Holland, Chile, Argentina, Portugal, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, China and Taiwan, among many others.
Since then, he has directed the Centro de Creación La Palomera, which is also the headquarters of the company.
- 2015 Critics' Prize for Best Street Performance for LA PARTIDA.
- FiraTàrrega Moritz Award for Best Show 2015 for LA PARTIDA.
- Finalist to 2 MAX Awards for LA PARTIDA.
- Finalist for two DANSCAT awards (2012) for professional career.
- INCUBADORA Award at the Panorama Festival for El último pez.
- Best International Short Film Award at the Inshadow Festival, Portugal, for THE LAST FISH.
- Audience Award at the Festival Escènia de Teatro Joven, Valencia, for Bodegones de un alma.
- Special Audience Award at the XII Certamen Coreográfico de Madrid for 18-28.
- Adele Madau candidate for best musical composition Max Awards 2021 for BOGUMER.
- Vero Cendoya candidate for best choreography Max Awards 2021 for BOGUMER.
- BOGUMER candidate for best dance show Max Awards 2021.
Born in Barcelona in 1976
Vero Cendoya combines her career as a performer, teacher, painter, illustrator and choreographer.